Friday, April 22, 2011

42 days...

Let the countdown commence!

I have 42 days before I depart for Ankara. 

For those of you who are curious, here is my itinerary:

June 3rd, 2011

Des Moines to Chicago O'Hare
Departure  18:10
Arrival  19:30
Approx. Time Elapsed  1:20

Chicago O'Hare to İstanbul
Departure  20:20
Arrival  17:05
Approx. Time Elapsed  10:45

İstanbul to Ankara
Departure  19:00
Arrival  20:05
Approx. Time Elapsed  1:05


Now that the travel dates are set, I'm expecting my visa application materials from the World Food Prize Director of Youth and Education Programs, Lisa Fleming. You will likely see references to Lisa later.

Further, on May 7th, we have an internship orientation. It will be great to have more specifics about the internship (I'm still as fuzzy as you on some things). I'll be sure to update as I learn more.

Lastly, I'm sure most of you are aware of my Turkish-learning endeavors. Let's just say it sucks. With its noun harmony, irregular syntax and lack of articles, Turkish is far and away the most difficult language I've attempted to learn. I don't expect to be remotely fluent by the time I depart. Hopefully, I can catch on quick once I'm there. Much of my Easter weekend will be devoted to study of Turkish.

More to come—

Teşekkürler,

Andrew


No comments:

Post a Comment